Central Market’s parent company, H-E-B, started Feast of Sharing more than 25 years ago in Laredo and Corpus Christi. Today the event has grown, to lift spirits throughout Texas and Mexico in November and December, serving more than 250,000 people.
The Feast of Sharing dinner is free and is open to people of all ages, during the celebration guests are served a complete Thanksgiving dinner by a wait staff of volunteers bringing meals to the tables, a significant departure from similar events where meals are dished out in cafeteria-style lines. Here in DFW Central Market is prepared to serve up to 20,000 people combined during the 5-hour events in both cities from the HEB Mobile Kitchen. In additionn to dinner, the celebrations include a Family and Social Services Area and Kids' Zone with bounce houses, face painters and photos with Santa Claus.
Dallas, November 3rd, 2:00-7:00 PM
Centennial Building at Fair Park
1300 Robert B. Cullum Blvd, Dallas, TX 75210
Fort Worth, November 10th, 2:00-7:00 PM
Will Rogers Memorial Center, Amon Carter Exhibit Hall
3401 West Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Feast of Sharing being the community event that it is, means that each year we have hundreds of HEB / Central Market Partners, individuals, and organizations from throughout the community volunteer to serve meals, man the Kids' Zone, and much more. If you are interested in volunteering, please click the links below:
- 11/2 UPDATE: Thank you for your interest! We now have a full roster of volunteers for the Fort Worth, Novemeber 10th Feast. We appreciate each individual and organization who has volunteered their time.
- 10/22 UPDATE: Thank you for your interest! Due to the overwhelming response from our community, we are pleased to announce that we have reached the maximum number of volunteers needed for the November 3rd Dallas Feast. If you are not able to register as a volunteer, you are still invited to come and enjoy the food, entertainment and camaraderie!
–>Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do I wear? If you are an H-E-B or Central Market Partner, please wear your store uniform. Non-Central Market and H-E-B groups can wear what their organization deems appropriate. Individual volunteers should wear clothes appropriate and comfortable for the occasion.
Where do I check in? At the volunteer/entertainment entrance. Please refer to map for exact location.
Fort Worth Map
- Is there an age restriction for volunteers? There is no age restriction. We ask that parents please keep their children with them at all times.
- Will I receive confirmation that my shift and job assignment have been accepted? Yes. Volunteers will receive a confirmation letter with final instructions when all positions are filled.
- Do volunteers get a meal? Yes, all volunteers get a meal at the end of their shift. Organizations will schedule when their members will eat. Individual volunteers can eat when they choose.
Where do I park? Is parking free? Please refer to the map for parking; parking is free.
Fort Worth Map
For more information about the event and event transportation please download the 2015 Feast of Sharing PDF.