To hold you over until the festival begins on August 5th, here is a sneak peek of just a few of the taste treats that await you.
- Creamy Hatch Lime Cheesecake This new masterpiece was so worth the two-decade wait. Tender, hot Hatch chilies roasted to perfection are diced, then folded into a thickly smooth blend of sour cream and cream cheese —and dash of fresh lime juice—for a perfectly balanced amalgam of complimenting flavors, all baked on a graham cracker crust. It’s the perfect after-dinner cool down for those spicy summertime Tex-Mex meals. This and a margarita.
- Hatch Kale Salad Our Expert Chefs put their heads together and Hatched a new old favorite. Kale and collard greens are tossed with crisp cucumbers, grape tomatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted Hatch peppers, then topped with Cotija cheese crumbles and Hatch lime vinaigrette. It’s that genius combo of sweet potatoes and Hatch chiles that make this one a little old-school Southwestern, a little down-home Southern, and all down-right delicious!
- Hatch Meatball-Stuffed Poblano Pepper people, this one’s for you. Just describing it makes our mouth water: Our Chefs stuffed a poblano pepper with a meatball made with fresh ground pork, cilantro, Monterey jack, Cheddar, and Cotija cheeses. On top, we spooned tomatillo sauce, more cheese, and our special Hatch pesto cream sauce. You’ll want a margarita for this one. And a really big fork.
- High Road Hatch Chile Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Our Dairy Buyer inspired the award-winning chefs at High Road to create Hatch ice creams you have to taste to believe. Hatch chiles are roasted, sugared, puréed, then added to ice cream filled with broken chunks of chocolate for a blend that gives you a hint of just-hot-enough heat as it melts in your mouth. The Hatch Chile Cajeta Cacahuete ice cream pampers your palate with roasted Hatch peppers cooked down to a slightly sweet jam that’s the perfect companion to the upfront Hatch heat. Dark, roasted peanuts, and cajeta (goat-milk caramel) are folded in for more flavor than any pint of ice cream has a right to have.
- Rothschild Hatch & Jalapeño Simmer Sauce, Pineapple Relish, and Stone Ground Mustard Pepper-infused condiments? Hatch, yeah! This collection of Hatch-infused condiments is just want your kitchen needs. Made with fresh Hatch chiles, roasted to smoky perfection, and flavored with tangy pineapples; zesty jalapeños; and spicy mustard seeds, we challenge you to let your creativity run wild. Trust us, your burgers, hot dogs, seafood, steaks, chips, and chilis will thank you.
- Beemster Hatch Aged Gouda The ultra-creamy texture of this young cheese comes from the milk of cows grazing on some of the newest, nutrient-rich, fresh, first grasses of early spring. Its melt-in-your mouth, delicate, butteriness is the ultimate backdrop for the sweet flavor of Hatch chiles. Oh, the casseroles you could make!
I promise you, you are going to want to make time in your calendar and room in your cart for all the smoky, spicy surprises that we have in store. See you on the 5th.