We only work with ranchers who are committed to animal welfare and environmentally conscious methods. Then we age our beef a minimum of 14 days for superior tenderness, juiciness and flavor before our expert butchers hand-trim it in store. With such care and attention put into every Central Market Natural Angus steak, we’d like you to take care of it when you get it home. Here are some tips from our butchers to get the best from your beef:
- Keep it cool. Aim to store it below 41°F.
- Pull your steaks out of the fridge about 20 minutes prior to cooking to bring them to room temp.
- Pat dry with paper towels before cooking to prevent moisture from coming between the meat and the surface of the pan or grill.
- Flip your steak only once—with tongs!
- Steaks cut 1¼ inches thick grill best over medium-low coals (325°F surface temp).
- Steaks cut 1½-2 inches thick grill best when seared and finished by indirect heat in a closed grill.
- Cook your steaks to medium-rare. Pull steaks from the grill at 140°F internal temperature; let rest five minutes before serving.
Now that you know how to store and prep your steaks, you're ready to start cooking. Try one of the following recipes, or find a new favorite in our recipe database.